Being asked to input your bank details puts you on high alert. As it should – whenever you’re sharing financial details, you want to be sure that you can trust whoever it is you’re sharing them with.
Luckily, at RentTrack, we take our responsibility as a data furnisher very seriously. Our security is as tight as that of the banking industry.
We process millions of dollars in rent payments every day. We've processed billions of dollars to date.
How do we pull this off?
- When you provide your bank account or credit card details, we securely transmit information to our payment processor, where we exchange that information for a unique token, generated by a state-of-the-art cryptographic algorithm that only we can use. We never store sensitive credit or banking data on our servers.
- We are encrypted everywhere: in our database, in our communications, in our integrations with partners. We constantly upgrade that encryption to the latest technology as it becomes available.
- We are PCI compliant, meaning that we have all the security technology and controls in place to meet the stringent standards set forth by the Payment Card Industry for processing credit cards. We regularly conduct audits of our processes and systems to uphold the highest PCI standards.
- We are subject to KYC (“Know Your Customer”) and AML (“Anti-Money Laundering”) regulations. This means we verify the identity of all parties in a transaction, for your protection.
- We have a team of dedicated staff members who eat, sleep and breathe security. They spend all day checking reports and responding to alerts to keep everything watertight.
- We regularly undergo penetration tests conducted by qualified third party security assessors to ensure that we are successfully implementing our controls.
- We are FCRA-certified, ensuring that the data we transmit is genuine – which maximizes the impact to your credit profile.
In short? We are utterly committed to the security and protection of our users’ data, and that shows in our impeccable track record.
If you’re interested in RentTrack, but still have questions about our security, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We’re more than happy to talk about anything that’s on your mind.